Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Puffin and the Raven

4/13/9

I'm going through a gas station office from the shop through the front door. The mechanic is behind the counter. He has a lady customer. He's going over the bill with her on a yellow pad. He stops as I enter. the lady says to continue anyway. He writes "D.O.L." on the pad. I pass between them and exit through the front door.

I go to a house next door. There's a hearty meal in the living room. I go in the kitchen. No one around. I go through the kitchen to the back porch looking for anyone. I return to the kitchen. There's a chicken head, breast and wing on the cutting board. Except for the head, the chicken's prepared to cook. A Puffin flies up to the open window above the sink and cutting board. It starts to pick at the flesh and eat it. I shoe the bird away. I kindly old man shows up. He asks me what happened to his piece of meat. The Puffin returns through the window. It starts eating the meat again. A Raven flies in. It starts fighting the Puffin bird on the cutting board. The Raven bites down on the Puffin's beak. It snaps off when the Puffin lifts it's head. There' blood under it's nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a donation at http://brydn.t35.com