Sunday, January 31, 2010

Helper

2/17/9

I'm installing satellite systems. I check in at work to get my route. I have 20 customers; an enormous about of stops. I have a female helper. We take off in my little truck. I tell her I may have to go home cos I don't have my ladder. I look in the back and I have an 8' wooden step ladder. Good enough. We get to the first customer. The kids room that has two tv's and all kind of wiring I unplug the coaxial cable and plug in a gold tipped one directly to the box. The tv picture comes in clear. I show the dad the other coax cable is the one to use for a clear picture but the audio cable goto another tv. He turns up the volume on the stereo and every thing's fine. I run back out to the truck to get the paper work. My helper is sitting with her legs over the drivers sear. I feel like giving her a hug cos the first one went so fast and there's 19 more to go..

I go in the house to sign out. To return to my truck, I have to swing on a rope from an edge by a cyclone fence over water to get to the outside door the rope gets tangled around my hand. I try to kick it around my leg so I can repel. I get so wrapped up I climb back on the ledge. The rope is twisted around around so much it's turned itself into a flat double button round knot. I try untangling and it comes out string and breaks. My helper comes to the door and asks "isn't there another way out." I go through the door and ask the dad where the door is. The mom returns. She doesn't make eye contact and keeps her back to me like she doesn't approve of my work. A kid shows me the the front door. I open it but it's the garage and the automatic garage door is closing. The boy goes "not that door" and leads me down the hall to the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a donation at http://brydn.t35.com