Saturday, December 5, 2009

022209 Prisoner Camp

I'm at a prisoner camp. I'm a solider and we have prisoners. An officer shows up. He tells me we have prisoners that are captured for poisoning troops with a chemical, according to the Laws of War. The chemicals are to be burned so that the wind blows into their cells. Also, any bodies as a result of their crimes are to be burned. He sits a box on an outdoor chain link fence cage behind the cells. The cage is about the size of a dog area. The cells and prison are made of old barn wood. The poison box looks to be made with a base of loose stone. The wind picks up in just the right directions. I stand up wind to watch the burn. I think the prisoners are lucky there are no bodies. They'd have to be burned too. The wind picks up. The fire burns hot. I go into the office next to the cells. I look out a back window and see that the smoke is blowing through and around the cells. I never see a prisoner. I hear one cough as to clear hi throat. I return to the fire. As I walk out the door, I loose my pack of cigarettes on the ground when they fall out of my pocket. I look at the chain link cage where the box burned. Nothing of the box is left. The chain link and the wood boards it's built out of are hot. The ashes have fallen below into the cage. I can feel the heat on the chain link fence and wood. I return to find where I dropped my smokes. There's an empty crushed pack on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a donation at http://brydn.t35.com